Optimin Protected Precalver
Optimin Precalver is our proven high spec precalver designed to meet the requirements of cow and calf during the last 8 weeks of pregnancy. Now containing AO Mix.
Cows for 8 Weeks Prior to Calving 125g/hd/day
Bespoke Animal Nutrition to Drive Farm Success
Request a call back from our sales team:
- Optimin Precalver is our proven high spec precalver designed to meet the requirements of cow and calf during the last 8 weeks of pregnancy. Now containing AO Mix
- High levels of vitamin E (8,000iu/kg) is supported with the inclusion of AO Mix; a blend of natural polyphenols, with proven anti-oxidant activity. This is equivalent to 10,000iu/kg vitamin E
- Contains selenium in the protected form as Selplex, which along with the high levels of vitamin E, boosts cow and calf immunity, and helps reduce the incidences of retained cleanings
- Protected zinc and protected copper sources increase the availability of these essential minerals
- High levels of magnesium, to help calcium mobilization at calving and help prevent milk fever
- Anionic Salts: As an additional prevention against milk fever, in cases of high Potassium silages
- Biotin: The addition of biotin in the dry cow period helps the hoof post calving, when it is prone to damage
- Seaweed: Seaweed supplementation to improve the immune system and nutrition uptake of cows precalving. Good source of Iodine
Handling & Storage
Store in secure cool dry conditions. Care should be taken to ensure correct amounts are weighed and that the straight material is kept away from animal contact.
Disclaimer: Errors and Omissions Excepted. All sales are subject to terms and conditions - copy available on request. Please consult our qualified agricultural advisors.
Suggested feeding rates are produced as a guide only and many other factors may have an overriding effect on animal response; no performance guarantee can be given.
Rations should be carefully balanced for energy and protein, contain sufficient forage to maintain rumen function and be fortified with an appropriate vitamin and mineral supplement. Animals must have constant access to clean water.
In all activities Specialist Nutrition adheres to the highest standard of health and safety procedures, and environmental compliance. We strongly recommend to all customers that they review their farm health and safety practices, and work environment to ensure they operate in a safe working environment.